Vigilance
[html]

Lol, then I'll count Skoll lucky to have seen it!

"Maybe, but I never thought our differences were so great," he answered. "We're a little different in size, and most coyotes I've met don't like living in pack-sized groups, but besides those things I never noticed much. Even when I became an enemy of Inferni's ruling family, I never considered it to be about what race they were." That had not been a good day. He had fought an adult off of a young girl, then been attacked by two adolescents and another adult. It had later been circulated by Inferni and its allies that he had come in and attacked children. When they encountered someone weaker than them, they killed, when they encountered someone stronger, they lied. No honor at all...not in the Lykois, anyway.

"I've fought beside coyotes before, some who I would trust with my life. Hell, I was very close to a little coyote girl named Layla who grew up in my pack." He wouldn't mention his fling with Dravyn at this point...it hadn't gone all that far, but it would be further evidence that wolves and coyotes could get along just fine. No...this was a phenomena of individuals, not of race conflict. The Lykois, and maybe whatever enemies they had built themselves up to destroy, were the artists behind this tapestry of senseless hate. He had looked around, though. Whatever had made Kaena the maniac she was could not be found here. Just like how what made him who he was couldn't be found here, he guessed.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread