shadows
[html]

sorry for the rambly ramble and the lateness...stressing over my broken finger has created a large lack in muse.

That was what everyone said. Inferni was not a place for wolves and so long as the lands were filled with those of like mind with Talitha and Halo it would remain true. Even now Cypress did not understand their view. The only difference he saw between himself and the red-eyed women that had made his visit less than pleasant is that they clung to their preconceptions of breed while Cypress had none. Did he not share their blood? At least in part. He doubted any of them were of pure blood if his father was not and if that was true than they were even less different than they claimed. In his mind it was nothing but fool’s pride. ”If you ask me the differences are only in their minds. I do not see such differences in wolf and coyote. Especially when so many of us come from mixed lines anyway.” It was true of himself and of his father obviously, so who knew how many more it was true for.

But then, maybe Cypress did understand. Was the way in which he had been treated by Halo and Talitha not all that different from how he had treated his own brother? He had perhaps never gone as far as to steal a kill from Alder, but he had certainly been harsh and judgemental of the masked boy. If not almost cruel with his words and was that not what made him less than Anu’s son? Perhaps that was why his eldest brother had left.. Because of him. It was then that Cypress noticed the stern look of his father and wondered if perhaps that older male knew his thoughts and was as equally as disappointed him as his mother would be. Had he made his brother feel like an outsider like those of Inferni had made him feel?

Cypress was surprised by the fact that his father had left his pack previously on more than one occasion. ”Yet you returned.” Surely that meant something. ”For now Crimson Dreams will continue to be my home.” He paused for a moment and the rest of the words came reluctantly. ”I..I just worry that I am a disappointment to my mother. There is an anger in me that I have not seen in my brother’s or in her.” He would never forget the look in his mother’s eyes on the day she had watched him shatter the pot in his fit of rage. ”I came here because I am more than just her son. Still I am more her son than yours I suppose and I accept that. I just needed to know you for myself and not just from the words that mother had given. I guess I hoped in knowing you I would better understand myself.” He was not yet sure if he had truly gained the insight he sought.

<style type="text/css">
.cypfreeb03 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bda87c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #f9f2e7; }
.cypfreeb03-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5b574d; text-align:center;}
.cypfreeb03 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.cypfreeb03 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#f9f2e7; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... reeb03.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #5b574d; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5b574d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.cypfreeb03-border1 {width:462px; border:2px solid #f9f2e7; margin:0 auto;}
.cypfreeb03-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #e4dbc1; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
300+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread