(M) - shoot a peace slug, drop a love bomb
[html]
<3 Yes, yes they dooo~

Barry had a hunch a lot of wolves (especially women) would judge him for his actions and subsequent irresponsibility. It wasn't a story he intended to share often, but there was something strangely therapeutic about unloading all of it on a near stranger. Maybe it was just because he'd shared some weed and they weren't well acquainted, but whatever the case, Ezra's silence on the matter was welcomed and fostered a sense of camaraderie. The mottled youth had acted impulsively and thoughtlessly, yes, but now that the deed was done, he didn't feel the answers were so simple, and he appreciated not being chastised for his decision. After all, what was he to do? Move some hundred miles away to live with a woman that had used sex to get drugs from him? He could see it being less clear-cut if he and Naniko were courting when the conception occurred, but they were strangers. He didn't fit into her life any better than she fit into his. He would make some half-assed attempt to see his kids sometimes, no doubt, but he knew he did not belong in Anathema.

The hybrid's tales, meanwhile, were a welcome distraction. “Newfoundland,” he repeated thoughtfully, doing his best to remember his geography lessons. Barrett never made it that far north; he wasn't sure he ever would. “Can you see the Night Lights up there?” he wondered. “The aurora, I mean. I've heard it's amazing,” he reflected. Maybe someday he would get up there to see it himself--sounded like a proper trip, it did. Unfortunately, the journey itself did, too. “Anyway, it's good you've found what you're looking for. I think I'mma be around Nova Scotia awhile now, too, but it's nice to know I could always go back home if I wanted.” He was babbling now, but it felt right. “You should stop by my joint in southeastern Halifax sometime, if you wanna,” he suggested somewhat randomly. “Gotta lot more bud there, if you ever want to get away,” he clarified with a shrug. “Suppose we both oughta get back to wherever we're supposed to be for now, though, eh?” He coaxed Helix back into his jar and rose with a stretch. “Keep what's left of it for the road, yea?” he offered, grinning a thanks to his new friend. He hoped they'd cross paths again someday; Ezra's company had been quite enjoyable.

<style type="text/css">
.barrett-zen {margin:0 auto; border:0; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:justify;}
.barrett-zen b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; font-family:georgia,serif; font-size:11px;}
.barrett-zen p {text-indent:35px; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px;}
.barrett-zen .ooc {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; border-bottom:1px dotted rgba(0,0,0,0.3); font-size:10px; line-height:11px;opacity:0.5;filter: alpha(opacity=50) ;}
.barrett-zen .ooc .wc{opacity:0.5;filter: alpha(opacity=50) ;}
.barrett-zen .wotd {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000;border-bottom:1px dotted rgba(0,0,0,0.2);}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread