To cross the sea
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat bottom; width: 400px;">

Hel didn't answer. Was she upset with him? Or was she still worrying and not wanting to show him? Styx bit down lightly on his tongue as he waited for her to say something -- anything, just so he'd know what was going on. And then she finally did speak, and he at least found out she wasn't upset with him. Or at least that's what he thought.

"We have to stop here. I feel strange. Let's set up camp. We have to talk, we can't just wander."

I feel strange. Those words made Styx's ears twitch a little. For her to admit even that much, something must be seriously wrong. So he just nodded and smiled gently, nuzzling up to her and wrapping his free arm around her, his hand coming up to rest on her other shoulder.

Don't worry, cariad, he said. He liked being able to call her 'love' without having to worry about what she thought of it. Here's fine. He wasn't sure if it really was fine, of course, but for her, he'd live in an anthill. I'll be happy to sleep on solid ground again. It felt a bit strange to set camp this early in the day, but they had been up for several hours already, and overall he hadn't slept too well on the ship.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread