Sittin' in the sand.
[html]

Possibly a tiny bit of PP in there...maybe.

Word Count → 593

Dixie saw the flash of male pride in Claudius’s eyes when she mentioned bandaging and feeding him, as if she were implying that he might not be able to care for himself. Without acknowledging that completely, she just nodded and held her hand out for his before turning and walking back in the direction of the wagon. ”Of course we have to feed ya, hun. Its how I was raised, I just can’t stand to not take care of anyone I come across. Yer all my friends, no matter who is at war with who and I’d take care of anyone else just the same.” She smiled up at him and shrugged, still walking kind of slow, setting a relaxed pace for them to move at. She imagined that a faster pace would make her seem impatient and rushed, therefore possibly making him more nervous than he already was. ”Getting’ food really ain’t all that hard. Wayne is pretty big and can take down deer without much problem, and I can go fishin’ whenever I want, as long as we are on the coast. We got lots of food stored for when we are in the mainland, and I’ll go fishin’ again tonight or tomorrow. Feedin’ you ain’t gonna be no problem at all, sweety.”

Their walk wasn’t long before the horses came into view, the mare was huge, a lot bigger than the stallion, and her pregnant belly made her look super overweight. Duke looked up and whickered when he smelled Dixie approaching, his ears flickering around to catch the sound of their oncoming footsteps. Both beasts were friendly, but they stayed put a few feet away from the wagon, both nibbling at the grasses poking up out of the sand. Wayne was up and sitting in the sand with a small fire built, sitting close to it and holding a long stick with a few fish cooking. He looked up at started to smile at Dixie. The smile quickly fell into a scowl and he growled, glaring at the male. The girl growled back at him and stepped in front of Claudius. ”Wayne, you just best stop that nonsense right this moment! I bring a friend back to get somethin’ to eat and you treat ‘em like this? Gracious, learn some manners why don’t ya!” Huffing in frustration, she turned back to the banged up male behind her and grinned, motioning him closer to the fire. It wasn’t until she got closer to the warmth that she realized just how cold she was. The chilly morning air and ocean wind cut through her fluffy, soft fur and gave her a chill.

Instead of acknowledging the new male, Wayne was sulking with what looked like a pitiful pout on his face. When he saw a short shiver rip through the girl’s body, his need to take care of her kicked in and he went to the wagon to get his animal skin cloak. Once she was sitting down, he moved over and draped the garment over her shoulders and lifted the hood over her head, effectively trapping most of the wind out. The girl smiled and tilted her head back, nuzzling his hand before he walked away. ”Don’t mind him, Claudius. He’s always a grumpy pup…let’s eat.” She grinned and grabbed the heating stick, pulling it towards their bodies and sticking it in the sand between them, then used two sharply clawed fingers to pull a piece of crisp hot meat from one of the fish to pop into her mouth.

Image courtesy of PNNL@Flickr; table code by the Mentors!

<style>
.dixiemayiku .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; padding-bottom: 5px;}
.dixiemayiku p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.dixiemayiku b {color:#583123; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.dixiemayiku {background-color:#8d8a72; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/m8kal5.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #000000; }
.dixiemayiku .inner {margin:0px 5px 195px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#0F0F1A;}
.dixiemayiku p.wordcount {color:#583123; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:5px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.dixiemayiku-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread