Lighten the Mood with a Bow
ooc: Forgive me for the late reply, moving was crazy and I was with out internet for a whole month maybe more.

Saxif smiled graciously at her hosts always pleased to join them for breakfast. Her pride was beaming within her face. Sure times had been not as she hoped for her homeland they were down right unpleasant. Time are rough yes my friend, though as my grandmother would have said "you have to enjoy the little moments" and being here is always a pleasure. She was just about to explain that she had cooked this time once greetings were passed but was slow in the act. It was such a custom for her to bring raw meat that the habit of preparing a fire often followed. So when Sanuye stepped out she wanted to stop her until Songan spoke once more.

Give me? Her request completely out of her mind she had narrowly forgotten the bow. So as he turned the corner holding the final product of their design she almost dropped the sack of meat. Spilling only a small amount she regained her grasp on the bag and held it out for the male to take as she reached for her bow. It’s amazing. Her jaw open tongue nearly lolled from the excitement and joy. She ran her fingers across the carvings and the feathers; the ends of the bow were what made it most unique. She was speechless for a while until she realized the red wolf’s words and smiled.

Oh my friend you need not cook today for I have done so already. I completed my fire pit and with the kill I took part in last night I have made you a delightfully juicy tender bit of moose. She opened the sack with her free hand her other gripping tight to her bow already an extension of herself. She smiled at the crafter greatly proud of her accomplishment and extremely thankful of his present. This bow was hers and nothing would ever compare to this weapon. Its feathers and beads all with great meaning and usefulness she was ready to be not just a hunter but also a warrior for her people. She held the bow up pretending to pull back the string but she left it, as it was not proper to do such a thing in one’s home. [b]How do I look? She asked holding her head proudly her arms strong as though about to strike down a buck just as huge as the one she had encountered just the day before.

Messages In This Thread