You have to learn to face it all
[html]
[/html][html]
[/html] Claudius nodded slowly acknowledging each one of Dawali's confessions. Yes, Haku was indeed a monster and had no right to be called 'father' by Claudius. As far as the pale Aston boy was concerned, Haku had no right to be called by the name 'father' by anyone because of the crimes he had committed, but he had a much stricter sense of morality than some. He allowed no exceptions here. Some behaviour was acceptable and some was not and Haku's behaviour automatically removed him from using certain titles or even having certain rights. As far as Claudius was concerned, if Haku were still alive, any creature should have the right to murder him with no provocation to right the past wrongs. They had no other system of permanent justice in these lands.

When Dawali mentioned he should have protected Noir, Claudius just shook his head. No, he'd heard that one before: he'd thought that to himself, too, but he knew there was nothing he could have done. Noir had been murdered in neutral lands. She was dead because a madman had found her. No one could have predicted that. Claudius gave Dawali a sad, but nonetheless patient look of contemplation. He reached out to rest one hand on Dawali's hand, but said nothing. He did not wish to dwell; he had only wanted to let the Chief know what he knew. And now it was done.

"So-so... ge-ge-ge-e-e-et to kno-o-ow me-e-e then," he replied with a small hesitant smile. "I luh-like dyes a-ha-and sometimes woodcra-a-a-fts. I wa-a-a-ant to kn-o-o-w mo-h-o-ore a-a-about those... crafts... I like... carving s-ometimes... but I nee-ee-eed a be-e-e-etter knife, so i-it's... rough. I li-i-ike tree-ees and pla-a-a-ants." He glanced up at Dawali shyly and then asked: "what do... you like...?"
[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread