What Was That Noise?
[html]

It had not really occurred to Vesper that her position was a precarious one, though of course it was ridiculous in hindsight. But this was play, and so when the dark wolf rushed at her, all she could do was yelp and start laughing. The collision had sent her sprawling on her back with Blind on top of her. The girl was grinning and wagging her tail proudly from her position, and Vesper had the urge to grab her by the shoulders and flip them over. However, she was too busy laughing to do anything about it, and by the time she’d recovered enough to breathe normally, Blind had nosed her chin and was getting off her.

The younger woman settled beside her, and the coywolf rolled onto her side, coal-tipped tail tapping the ground as she grinned. She was about to roll into her friend for some lazy nuzzling, but Blind started licking her leg as if it were paining her. Her grin fading into a look of concern, Vesper cocked her head and scooted a little closer to her.

“Are you okay, sweetheart? I didn’t hurt you, did I?” She felt guilty as she remembered the girl’s injured leg, though there really wasn’t anything she could do about it. In fact, she’d been trying to help Blind deal with it and had been aware of the potential consequences, but she didn’t think it’d come into play like this. She didn’t think she’d care this much about whether or not a wolf she’d met only once before was hurting or not.

“Do you know if they have healers in Crimson Dreams?” Vesper asked, her voice softer and more serious than it had been. “I’ve met a few loners in the past who had knowledge of herbs, and while I know of one or two that might help the pain a little, an actual healer could do more for the leg. There might even be therapy or something that would help you.” She had known a grizzled male wolf who’d been attacked by a bear, and he’d mentioned therapy had strengthened his own injured leg when he’d recovered. She was sure more dexterous hands would be able to do more with Blind’s hip.

<style type="text/css"> .vesparrow b {font-weight:bold; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #FFFFFF; } .vesparrow t {font-style:italic; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #FFFFFF; } .vesparrow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;} .vesparrow {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#dfc4a8; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2iqoilg.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #827262; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#827262; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;} .vesparrow .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread