another sacrifice will make us pure
[html]

Short, blahh. Also I realized Ves would probably have injuries in this from an earlier thread. >> Pretend she's been limping? xD

The girl explained that she was the only coyote in the clan—something that made Vesper prick her ears and look toward the borders again. A place for coyotes… It had to be Inferni, which a few others she’d come across had told her about. She was intrigued, but why wouldn’t there be more pure coyotes such as the perceptive runt in front of her? “Smell weird… like mixed up, almost?” she ventured, not sure if this meant the young Infernian was picking out the scent of a hybrid. That Evane chick would have a field day, she thought, frowning. It was the first time she’d been physically attacked for being half-coyote.

The girl went on to explain that stinkies all looked different, and Vesper decided that she wasn’t talking about an animal such as a bear or boar; it was harder to distinguish non-canines from each other. She nodded as if completely understanding. “I’ll be careful, then,” she told the young coyote. “But you said you could help me hunt the stinkies?”

It would have been hypocritical for her to be uneasy around a young one who’d killed anything before. She’d started fighting around this girl’s age, after all. Few canines in the wilderness outside Nova Scotia—and even those growing up as loners within the ’Souls territories—seemed to have the luxury of an easy life.

<style type="text/css"> .vespstalk b {font-weight:bold; color:#ab4a19; letter-spacing:1px;} .vespstalk t {font-style:italic; color:#ab4a19; letter-spacing:1px;} .vespstalk .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .vespstalk p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .vespstalk {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#f1f3f2; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/6fnz0w.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: garamond, sans-serif; font-size:15px; color:#7d7e7d; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread