It Wilted to the Owl's Cry
[html]

sorry, had to edit post.

Word Count → 364

Kiara trotted out of Phoenix forest with her tail held high and her spirits even higher. This morning she had decided to travel to the neighboring valley to try fishing in the larger branches of the East River. The salmon run was coming to a close and the young wolf wanted to catch the last of the salmon. The salmon was rich in proteins and fat and would give her an extra boost before winter arrived. Already, Kiara had noticed frost on the ground in the very early mornings. The temperature was dropping and would drop below freezing at night. The arctic wolf had managed to bulk up since she arrived at Nova Scotia. When she had first approached the Ichikan boarders, Kiara was only 74 pounds. Now, the arctic wolf tipped the scales at 80 pounds.

As Kiara approached the valley she notice a golden form siting on the valley's crest. "X'yrin!" The snow wolf bounded up the hill towards her friend. When Kiara got close she lifted her front paws up and playfully swatted at the nomad. Although they had seen each other only a few days ago, Kiara was ecstatic to see X'yrin. Kiara spent the first minute of their encounter bounding around the nomad in pure joy, not even noticing the quivering Shiloh. The young wolf stopped jumping when she noticed that the golden wolf was in a bitter mood. The arctic wolf stopped her antics and her tail drooped a little. "What's the matter? You look upset." Kiara was oblivious to the owl that was circling above their heads as well as the torment that it was causing X'yrin. X'yrin was in a pleasant mood when they had departed only a few days ago, which puzzled Kiara. Kiara noticed the X'yrin was looking up and wondered, what is she looking at? The arctic wolf lifted her snowy muzzle to the sky and looked at the dark form flying. A bird? Kiara looked over and noticed the scarred wolf next to X'yrin.

The young wolf scampered back a few steps and bowed her head to Shiloh. "I'm so sorry. I didn't notice you standing there. My name is Kiara Amarok."

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread