an attitude i would like to devour
Big Grin!
[html]
[/html] Tayui didn't think it was so much an issue of what it hunted; just that it was there. Even though it was only the size of a fox, Tayui didn't like the idea of it being on their lands. This was their hunting grounds. Even if it only ate mice and raccoons, the creature set Tayui on edge. Her relationship with other animals was a strange one, and although she'd learn a bit of pidgin in the bird language and had encountered a few larger predators before, she would have never thought herself to be -- racist against one. Was that even the right term? She supposed that Eris was right in her clarification, and even if it wasn't as big as Tayui had initially thought it was -- maybe the shock had set her off -- she still felt her instincts kicking in. It was a predator and she was a predator. Wasn't that why so many coyotes and wolves had gotten into wars before? They were all predators, but they were just different enough that they couldn't get along.

"It doesn't frighten me," Tayui replied eventually after much thought. "I was surprised that you keep a predator as a pet. It's like a slave," she explained. She still didn't like the idea of slaves in Salsola, but she didn't want to come out and say it. "It just surprised me; that's all. It's just instinct I think. It might not really threaten our food supply, but..." she trailed off. Uncertain and awkward, she just shrugged. She wasn't sure how to explain it.
[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread