Be Not Fearful
[html]

Words – 300+

The Nomad didn’t let Jaden from her grasp for long. He let her hand fall on his shoulder without protest and listened to her drunken words of anticipation. Seeing the woman like this was different, but welcome. The Shishen enjoyed her closeness, even if she was under the suggestive influence of alcohol. All he could do was grin at the other warrior before she was swept away from him.

A fragile looking little thing took hold of X’yrin and suddenly they were dancing. The tan woman who had been stolen from him had a look of utter confusion on her features. He may have begun to laugh at the comical sight if not distracted by his Jiryu. The drink in his claws was slowly beginning to affect dampeners to any feelings of constraint or negativity in him. I’ve got some, He said sloshing around the still half full contents of the bottle. I’m surprised there is any left with how- he stopped in mid sentence and through together a ruff revised ending and a forced chuckle with it, -much everyone has had already. What Jaden had VERY nearly said was “How drunk you are!”. He tried to shake his mind clear and knew it was probably a good idea he stop drinking now, before he said something inappropriate or insulting to his leader or anyone else.

Abruptly, the sad sounds of distress attracted Jaden’s attention to his former partner and her newly distraught dance partner. Seeing X’yrin’s distress, he moved almost unconsciously to her side thinking his presence might offer some reassurance to her innocents. I don’t think so… he mused despite having been distracted at the time. When the woman who his words defended found his hand with hers, an odd flutter of nervous energy zapped along the bottom of Jaden’s belly. He tipped his bottle back for a drink to dislodge it only to have the liquid caught in his throat as he was pulled forward by X’yrin to dance. He heard no music but swallowed hard and let the woman lead him.

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.jadenlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#7e92a3; letter-spacing:1px}
.jadenlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadenlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#163b59; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/s662hc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c2134; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #0d1720; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread