diminuendo
[html]

LOL @ the failing. I love Caspa though, she's awesome!
598 words

While Liam wouldn't have picked gardening as his first chore of choice, he had to admit it was indeed pretty relaxing. He didn't have to constantly think – only focus a little so as to not break the seeds. It was an easy way to be productive yet still get the chance to catch up with a pack-mate Liam happened to be growing fond of over time. They had fought together; that alone was reason enough for Liam to trust the white Duchess with his life. Picking yet another dead poppy, Liam picked at the flower head and pulled out the numerous seeds. This particular one had a lot of seeds and Liam was pleasantly surprised to find out just how many were falling into his open palm. He was dropping them into the pillowcase when Caspa spoke once more, replying to his question. So she'd been stalking up on food, too? Liam would have to go see how the food supply was coming along up in the cellars later on.

Since she had said what she'd been up to, Liam decided to do the same, even if she hadn't technically asked. “I went hunting a couple times this past week or so... Aside from that I've been at Chien Hotel most of the time; changed some bandages and I even cleaned and bandaged a wound all by myself for the first time the other day – I had to get an arrow head out, it was interesting.” he said, boasting just a little. He was proud of his work and of the fact that he finally had found his calling in the form of medicine. Soon he would be trained enough to officially take up the apothecary rank and people from all over the pack would be coming to him with their injuries. They would all have confidence in his ability and he wouldn't just be 'the king's son' anymore. He would be 'Liam, the Apothecary'. That thought was very satisfying.

Liam had adventured out of the pack-lands quite a bit too over the last couple weeks. He'd gone a few miles out west towards AniWaya and had met up with his Aniwayan friend Ayasha; that was perhaps his most recent of escapades. Back at the end of October he'd also gone to Crimson Dreams to see how the Court's allies during the war were doing. He'd met Soran, his best friend's great-grandmother, and had learned quite a lot about the neighboring pack. It was definitely interesting to know all of the different places all around him – Cour des Miracles was far from the only place in the world.

Liam shook his head lightly as he dropped a couple poppy seeds into the pillowcase. “Mostly everyone has been getting a lot better – some are still in rough shape though. My brother-in-law Niro was pretty banged up...” he said as he gingerly ripped another stem from the earthy ground and opened it to reveal the seeds. He let them fall into his hands before dropping the contents into the bag. “I'm really glad things are falling into place – all we really have to deal with now is the coming of winter.” he said with a sigh. It was going to be his first winter – hopefully the new season would be a clean slate and everything would go right for him. Before the war his life had been good – on the verge of perfect. Omitting Noah's sudden departure over the summer, his puppy days had been drama-free. He wanted that back.

Table by Marie, edited by Kit. Lyrics go to Brad Paisley.

<style>
.mido p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; line-height:90% }
p.mido-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.mido p {padding:15px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px; text-align: justify}
.mido b {color:#2b251f; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.mido {background-color:#4f9266; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/28l8eo0.jpg); background-position:bottom center;

background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-

spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px 280px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread