fate itself
[html]
The savage in man is never
quite eradicated

We can continue after this, but feel free to start other threads now :> Word Count »

The stranger (though he was some odd sort of family now, even if not by blood) spoke of his mother. Ezekiel subconsciously stiffened. What he recalled was tainted by her last appearance, and her nonchalance at the way she had ultimately abandoned them all. He blamed her in a way that his father could not, for it was the betrayal of a child and not that of a man. It stung yet, bitterly, and he wished that she might have died long before and left his memories of her happy ones.

So he focused, instead, on the question asked. “I am,”“My father left several months ago.” Short, to the point. He had little desire for their talks to turn back to his mother so soon. Not yet, while the very real wound left by his sister remained. “If you want to rejoin, I have no problem with that. I’m sure you’re capable enough.” After all, he had survived as a loner for who knew how long. “Most of the clan lives either in the caves by the sea, or just east of that, in the mansion. You may choose which one you prefer.” Another plastic smile, recalling someone whom might truly spark memories for this red-stranger. “My grandmother lives in the mansion, if you might wish to speak with her. I don’t know if Kaena was around during your time, but…” He shrugged.

<style>
@import url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... s/zeke.css);
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread