diminuendo
[html]

300+

Liam certainly sounded to Caspa like he'd acquired the necessary knowledge, though without going into detail there was no way to be sure - but she couldn't talk, she was no healer. She understood bodies and innards very well with her training as a butcher, but had never learned much in the field of putting them right. If she'd known exactly how much training the boy had so far, she might have been keener to start learning more to help fill the gap in the pack's skillset. As it was she was content to leave it up to him.

"I, also," she said darkly in reference to the summertime's superiority. The cold was a nightmare for Caspa, although she prided herself on enduring suffering without complaint she would certainly never survive a winter in these parts if it wasn't for her sheepskins and clothing. A large portion of her muddled ancestry was designed for desert heat, and neither hybrid vigour nor snow-wolf blood could dilute it well enough. Liam was more fortunate: his coat would withstand the freeze, most likely without need for protection. As she spoke, she was nimbly snapping off stalks and pouring the seedpod contents into the pillowcase - the patch was almost done. "However, I think the seasons changing is good. Without the cold, we might not appreciate the warm weather so much." An unusually silver lining on Caspa's cloud today.

What else did she know about plants? She broke the last poppy head off. "They're miraculous. Like us," she quipped in reference to the pack's name, but so straight-faced that it was not perhaps obvious as a joke. "They have no brain or muscles, but they live and grow as well as if they could think. Also, that one there is a sweet chestnut tree." She pointed to a tall specimen that was outside the garden boundaries on the outskirts of the forest that surrounded the hotel, a rare specimen of the broad-leaved plant. "There might be some nuts left under it. Do you want to help me look?" Often small animals got them all, but would they be daring enough to come that close to the canines' main residence?

<style>
.fred-caspa { font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:10px; line-height:15px; padding-bottom:23px; text-align:justify; width: 380px; margin:0px auto;}
.fred-caspa p {text-indent:15px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread