Bone and Plastic
"There are no pines where I come from." Alma said simply. There was some oak trees here and there, but most of her parents' land was prairie. Which of course brought to her mind the question of where her father had gotten his bow wood from, but Alma knew most of it had to have been from trading. Unseasoned wood was easier to trade for than seasoned wood.

She was just about to ask something when the mute coyote held up his book again. Unconsciously, Alma tilted her head and stared, willing the lines to look like something she could understand. It did not happen. She just nodded again, embarrassment manifesting as a nervous twitch in her ears and tail. She could've asked Carrion what he had written, but she didn't want to look stupid in front of clanmates. Or anyone at all, really.

"Of course. I may take some to the mansion with me, too." Confusion showed on Alma's face briefly, then understanding - they were talking about the meat. Sacha must've said something about it.

When Carrion took a knife and looked as if he was going to carve up the goat, Alma stood back. She saw little sense of carving the animal, since she wasn't going to use any other parts of its body. Normally, she ate like her ancestors did, with her body bent over the goat and teeth separating skin from flesh. Still, she saw no reason to stop from cutting the beast with a knife if he wished.

Belatedly, it occurred to Alma that she could've used the goat's fur to incubate the eggs she traded for, but they had already gone rotten. Her tail sagged at the thought her dead, potential attack-eagles. Even if she was able to get more, she didn't know how to take care of them. It's not like she knew anyone that di- wait! Alma's face suddenly brightened. "Do either of you know anything about eggs?"

Messages In This Thread