an attitude i would like to devour
[html]

(344)
I had to google and check as to whether ocelots purr... apparently, they do. o_o

Surprised, Eris considered the pale woman's words. She did not take offense to them -- rather, initially, she had found The Confidant's fear almost comical. Now, Tayui had raised a point that the sable woman had not been expecting. She rolled them over in her mind even as her companion continued speaking, an ear half-cocked. The woman trailed off anyway, and Eris remained quiet, clearly in contemplation. Her chartreuse eyes were distant, though her foreleg still brushed absently against Itzcitla's cheek. Commotion over, the ocelot had begun to nap there. He purred quietly, a soft undercurrent to the general rustle of nature.

I don't think of him as a slave, and I don't think he thinks that way, either, she said, but she was troubled, too. Itzcitla had never spoken to her, though he clearly possessed the intelligence to do so. She wondered what his training had consisted of, and if the cat indeed thought of her as his master. He had always accepted her requests and orders both with little question, though she had seen little reason to ask anything of the ocelot since coming to Inferni, really. She had certainly felt sorry for the skinny cat -- he had hunted himself nearly to death to keep pace with both their appetites. Her gaze shifted to Tayui, still troubled but now cooled somewhat. If he thinks of himself as a slave, though, what difference is there? Salsola accepts slavery, she said, stating this fact of their pack lifestyle casually. There's nothing binding him here, though. He could leave, she said, shrugging.

But I clothe him in winter, and the way back to his home range is very far, she added, now peering down at the cat with something akin to dismay on her coal-colored face. He might die if he left, too. She did love the stupid cat -- he had been her salvation, and Dieriel had been smart to save him for Eris upon her departure from Eterne. Eris did not wish for Itzcitla to be harmed.

<style>
#sieSimple {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px; }
#sieSimple p {
text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0; }
#sieSimple .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#sieSimple .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;}
#sieSimple b { letter-spacing:.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sieSimple u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#sieSimple b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#sieSimple b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#sieSimple b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#sieSimple hr { width:85%; margin: 10px auto; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread