What I must do to become strong!
[html]

Kind of bullshitting some stuff... gotta watch my instructional video again but what I say here is how I see her training... next will be more realistic instruction.

650+

The huntress took the bow and inspected it ensuring the string was properly strung, that the body had proper buoyancy and that the arrow notch was properly placed. Decent bow, great for practice. She said as she looked back up to see the female gazing upward. She followed the gaze and saw a hawk in the trees. He yours? Beautiful. She smiled at the girl when her gaze returned to her own. She shifted uneasily feeling her cheeks heat and looked back down at the bow. Like I said the little things. The bow is a very finicky weapon, difficult to master but when you do it’s like you become something completely different. She held the bow up in her stance. Her shoulders angled and arms nearly parallel. There are steps to be taken, examined, and practised until it becomes second nature. I would show you them in live action but my arm is still healing and I do not want to risk endangering my chances to ever use my own bow again. She sighed.

As she was speaking she went through each motion, miming pulling back an arrow, taking aim at the girl’s chosen target and releasing into the fluid motion. When she sighed she lowered the bow and stared in the distance wishing she had really shot an arrow. She set her golden eyes back on the female. My name is Saxif Goldenfeather. She held out the bow for Deirdre to take back. I will be glad to show you what I have learned. Saxif knew that even though she was young her aim was clearly a thing of great pride. She took satisfaction in her skill and before her injury she used to hone it day and night since the first awkward days of wielding the strange weapon. In time it had become another appendage to the huntress to a point where her draw was becoming like instinctual nature. First thing first is safety. Your bow and arrow should always be drawn toward your target during practise. You notch your arrow in front of your body like this arrow toward your target. She mimed holding a bow parallel to the ground just above her thigh. Legs just slightly bent and turned away from target so your body stays balanced and in comfortable alignment when you draw. She bounced her thighs slightly to show her solid stance.

She went over to Deirdre giving a slight adjustment to her feet width with her own foot. Not roughly just a light tap to get her to move one in proper position. Your weight should be distributed to your leg, the one you feel most power in. This will give you not only your best balance but for future practise, much future. She warned slightly. You will be able to shift in all directions quickly instead of just having a half circle range. She rounded about on her dominant leg her hands in position of holding a bow fully drawn. She was able to move very quickly from North to West in all directions in various angles from pivoting her feet. It was so fluid you would almost think it an odd dance. Her training quite clear in every step and shift of her body some points quite flexible and liquefied. Though, she was always rigid in her arms. She shook her head feeling she was stepping too far ahead and refocused. Getting your balance in proper control will make you a well defended individual. Keep you safe from all angles. She put her hands on her hips. Let me see your current draw. She was usually quite uncomfortable around females, her mind would often go to mush. Turning her into a bit of a drooling pup but having this task seemed to make her forget that awkward part of herself. It was satisfying showing someone how to shoot a bow while her own was collecting dust.

<style type="text/css">
.saxgoldraze b {font-weight:bold; color:#c32600; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1e0e01 1px 1px 1px; }
.saxgoldraze p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.saxgoldraze {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#331e01; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QNMki.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #30383c; padding: 460px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#a47712; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.saxgoldraze .wordcount {color:#a47712; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #c32600; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.saxgoldraze .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread