a whisper I longed to hear
[html]

No worries! <3 I'm not bothered by the wait. c: 500+

Once, long ago, Foxglove would have not thought twice of feeling so hollow, wilted as she was by the tribe. She had been accustomed to the feelings that accompanied the wrongness within her, the same way her mother was plagued. Being in the tribe, finding her place in a world of strange customs, had pushed everything to the back of her mind, and she had felt whole for the first time in such a long time. Even the gypsies had not brought her such a warmth; they had called upon her wrongness and found it frightening, almost supernatural. They had feared and loved it in her. It was why she could not stay with them forever; she almost had.

Now, though, the tribe had pushed her down, beaten her until she felt wrong again. Szellem had been the only good thing to come out of her living there; even her mare, she did not associate the same way. She could have acquired the horse in a number of other ways, and she would have. The transportation was useful when going long distances, such as now. It would take her ages to get here without the mare, but with her, she was able to make the journey this far north in a matter of a few days, with frequent rests for the horse to eat and drink, sleep for both of them.

Foxglove took a step back out of the water, unsurprised to see her sister swimming across. After all, that had been her purpose today, to see Maggie. The space was given so that she could be out of the cold water, but there was a fear in the gypsy woman with the battered soul. She should not have come here again, she knew, but it was all she could do. Nervously, she rubbed at her raw wrists, wrapping her slender fingers around them in shame, to hide the physical marks of the tribe's abuse, but there was more: the way she held herself was frightened, tired, and her body had fallen into a state of weakened anorexia, unintentional as it was.

"The tribe... I..." She trailed off, unsure of what to say now that she was with her sister. She wanted to hold her, to be held, to warm her sister from the river's icy water and be comforted in the arms of family, but she could not bring herself to move forward. "There was a war, and my blood, our blood... Deemed me untrustworthy... They tied me up, they locked me away with the other prisoners from other packs... Dawali let them do it," she added in a whisper. The leader she had followed so easily after joining the tribe had let them do this to her. The realization of this stung her.

She looked away, gaze roaming the surface of the water that had separated them only moments before, "I'm sorry... I had to come. I needed to be away for a bit." Maybe forever would be better.

<style type="text/css">
.foxgltrans02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.foxgltrans02 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.foxgltrans02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.foxgltrans02 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/168/foxgltrans.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 15px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread