I've got a pocket full of sunshine.
[html]

"Well...we know that by making no decision we have made a decision. I'm not worried about the coyotes, or about the other packs. I'm worried about mine. Self preservation." It probably seemed like she didn't care about the other packs because she wouldn't put her members up there to fight with them...but it was exactly opposite of that. She was offering the other packs a way out of this, should they decide not to fight. Whatever Inferni and Dahlia de Mai had against one another, Twilight Vale wasn't involved in it. Why should they fight the coyotes and make it seem like they stood with Dahlia, when they didn't? This was an opportunity to really get rid of some coyotes...but Naniko couldn't justify risking the lives of all of those living in Twilight Vale because of a few idealists.

"It's greedy, perhaps selfish...but none will die from Twilight Vale. We already didn't want to fight, so them leaving us be is an added bonus. What happened in the past is in the past." Hell. Inferni had driven her father Physe's pack from their own lands and taken them. Naniko could see where she might hate the coyotes. But she didn't. She was more a pacifist than anything else, her visions of peace overriding any anger or frustration. "I don't see how fighting them changes anything. They'll keep attacking wolves at random, like they've done in the past, and we'll keep fighting them back. Like I've said...as long as Twilight Vale is safe for now, then I'm satisfied with what I'm doing." Naniko had been wondering if Pilot would be in on the fight as well...or if he might be looking toward a more peaceful alternative. "If anyone from your pack wants a place to stay where they'll be out of the fighting...well, our doors are always open. Who got you from Inferni? You're a good fighter...I didn't think any of them could get the better of you."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread