Bittersweet Symphony
[html]

Do you think we could start wrapping this up? Maybe a couple more posts each? ↔ 389 words

Liam watched carefully as Jackson took a closer look – after his brief inspection Jackson also concluded that it could be a monster, but not a scary kind. Liam's eyes darted from the strange toys to Jackson. “Yeah... you're right. But it looks pretty strange; scary or not... I've never seen a real life monster like that – maybe it's not from around these parts? Or maybe they all died with the humans?” he mused as he took another one of the metal toys in his hands and turned it around in his palm a couple times. He soon found that its paws – or what Liam thought should be paws – could spin onto themselves. “Huh.” he muttered to himself.

The tinkling and clunking sounds of the metals as they dropped onto the floor caught Liam's attention and he turned his bi-colored eyes onto Jackson again. His eyes then caught the stray car as it rolled away. He glanced at the car he was holding into his hand again. That was when Jackson spoke again, emitting a triumphant sound as he found a set of keys. Liam wasn't really interested in that however, instead glancing at the car again. Suddenly a light seemed to suddenly clicked on in his mind. He had seen those 'paws' before. Or at least the black part. “I think I've seen these before...” he mused as he touched the wheel's black tire. “I think I've seen all of it!” he added quickly – and it had been pretty close by too! He couldn't believe he hadn't connected the dots until now.

He didn't wait for Jackson to speak, making his way out of the structure and glancing around at the dead city. It was hiding under all of the overgrowth, but just a couple feet away he could still see two tires attached to a metal shell – it was a car, rusty and very much abandoned. Of course it was an exact replica of the toys... only much, much bigger. There was a large dent at the top and the windows were smashed. Liam approached carefully and peaked inside. “I don't think it's a monster! I don't think it's even an animal! Check it out!” he said loudly as he peered behind him for signs of Jackson.

<style>
.orangeliam .ooc {font-style:italic; padding-left:30px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 3px #903f04; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#984b12;}
.orangeliam p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:10px;}
.orangeliam b {font-weight:bold; color:#5c0c15; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 3px #903f04; font-family:georgia, sans-serif;}
.orangeliam {background-color:#fd7f3b; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/288a50.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #feaa50; border-radius:35px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; margin:0 auto; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#984b12; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 425px 0px; }
.orangeliam-border {width:500px; border:1px solid #5c0c15; border-radius:35px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Kit.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread