It's kinda the way I'm feelin'
[html]
wc 619

Savina couldn't even imagine the pain that the ivory female must be going through right now. The loss of her first litter before they even had a chance to live. She had been around others who had miscarried before, and it was always devastating. Some handled it better than others, but they were usually ones who had had it happen to them before. Her heart broke for Naniko. "Don't worry about my leg now, it can wait. Don't worry about not being around, you've been through something really tough." The fact that even now the Andromeda still thought of her injure really spoke of her empathy. Savina was sure it was also a good way to distract herself from everything else troubling her at the moment, but it still touched her.

The wolfess listened as she talked about her journey back to her old lands, to bury her miscarried pups with the others that she had loved and lost. It made perfect sense to Savina, if it had been her she would've wanted to do the same, though admittedly in her case it would be quite impossible. "I can imagine it was frightening. Not only being there for such a sad purpose, but to relive the entire fear of escaping the fire...and thinking of those you lost in it..." There was a part of the female that was concerned that Naniko had been away for a while. She understood, it wasn't that, she was just starting to be nervous of her taking off because of her grief.

The more the ghost-white female spoke it became more evident the internal struggle she was fighting. The concern never left the charcoal wolf's face. "I have not met your mate, Conri, but if he loves you, which I'm sure he does, he will not be mad at you. He might be upset at first, but he'll understand that you were doing this to protect him and the rest of the pack. He'll be grieving as well...for the loss...it would do you both good to be there for one another. I know it will be hard, but I think you feel better after you do."

"I want to curl up and sleep forever...I feel so tired." Savina gave a great sigh and turned her head from Naniko, looking out across the lake, though at nothing in particular. When she spoke her voice was soft. "I hope...I hope that you don't plan on running off..." She paused for a moment before speaking again. "My sister had a miscarriage on her first litter. She took it really hard, as anyone would. My mother and I tried to help her as much as we could, but she became so distant from us...we didn't know what to do. Then one morning I woke up and she was gone. I looked all over for her, but I could never find a trace of her. I haven't seen her since..." It was painful for the femme to talk of it. It had broken her heart as well as her mother's when Ghita had disappeared, and the memory still stung like a fresh wound. "I don't want to see that happen to you Naniko. I care for you, just as I'm sure everyone else in the pack does. Conri more than anyone else. I think we'd be lost without you." She looked back at her friend, her eyes of emerald full of emotion and pleading. "And if you cannot return to the house yet, I will stay here with you and look after you, if you will let me." Savina hoped that Naniko would let her help her like she had wanted to help Ghita so long ago and failed.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread