losing my religion
[html]
WC: 382

He could see her reaction to his brief mention of his past. Her hackles lifted, probably instinctually, and he could sense the discomfort. Shamed, Shandom aveted his eyes to the ground. IT was a dark little mention he probably shouldn't have made - he was scary enough with the scar, and now probably thought he was a psychotic, unbalanced, evil pup killer.

Actually, he thought to himself, that's just about right.

Shaking his head, the male diverted his attention away from the absolutely useless thoughts of his past. There was nothing he could do to bring Xyvi and Kora back, though he'd give the world for that chance. Shandom let an easy,r elaxed grin grace his face again, and he wagged his tail eagerly at her approval. You think? It's why I like it - it's very serene, and isolated enough so I don't have to constantly be dealing with riff raff like you. He nudged her playfully before sauntering in and beginning to arrange the blankets into a comfortable looking nest. I think these will do nicely, don't you? The male moved them into the patch of sunlight near the window and curled up within them, letting the warm rays hit his alabaster coat. Eyes drifted shut as the male relaxed, languidly stretching and adjusting himself to this new, indoor concept.

Adults all tend to be like that, Shandom commented, eyes still closed. From this angle, it could be seen that the long, jagged scar stretched over his eyelid as well; it was a horrible injury. But it almost suited his face, giving it a rugged, been-there-done-that kind of look. Still, he was not proud of it - if the technology were known to him, Shandom would have had the scar removed. I've never come across a fully grown wolf who doesn't think they know everything. Deep down, we all think our own experiences are the truest ones, the ones that hold the most evidence of what our world really is. I'm the same way, but I'd like to think that learning a little bit of history would give other wolves perspective as well.

He wondered if there was a rank for that. Now that Shandom knew the name of the Beta -Strel - maybe he would actually get something accomplished.

<style type="text/css">
.mustfall b {font-weight:normal; color:#d2e9fe; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-shadow:#182d42 0px 0px 3px; }
.mustfall .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 20px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#cfd8da; text-align:center; text-shadow:#04050b 0px 1px 1px;}
.mustfall p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px;}
.mustfall {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#4076bb; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/lnGAO.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4076bb; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#9bdcfe; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread