the beat of a drum
[html]

Word Count → 513. No worries and thank you!

Each time he exhaled, it became visible in the air before him. The temperatures were slowly, but surely dipping and yet, the hybrid was used to this weather. The Vorrakess Kingdom had been in the mountains and constant snow floated down from the sky. It wasn’t an uncommon sight. Wolfgang, however, thought of himself as cold at this moment. His body shivered a few times and he curled the bloodied cloak closer over him. His hood hid away much of his face and large sized ears. A minute had past and still, his breathing did not calm. ‘Is this what it was like to feel as if you were dying?’ He wondered, drawing his untouched hand over his heart to feel the very organ beat under skin, muscle and bone.

Playing in his head were memories. Memories of much sweeter times, perhaps sweet enough that one by just hearing would gain a tooth ache. His ears flicked back, though due to the thickness and shelter of his cloak, it was unnoticeable to anyone who just may be watching. Otherwise, it seemed like the tawny man was on his last few breathes. Perhaps this blurry sight he saw in front of him would be his last. It was in a strange land next to a stranger’s castle. And just maybe, he would become one of those skulls lining the border so many feet away. At least someone would know of that he had come here, even if they would not know his name.

His wishful thinking – if you could call it that – was interrupted by a masculine voice. His blue eyes squinted and his head turned slightly to spy through the undergrowth at the pale owner. In hand, he noticed the long spear. Though, the stranger probably wouldn’t need to use it on Wolfgang. He could barely move let alone threat another’s life within the current state he was. He gave a nod of his head, and that motion was most obvious even within his cloak as his long, thin muzzle stood out. “Hello,” he murmured without much emotion, but kept polite. His lips parted, about to speak but the man cut him off with questions. He blinked, taking each in and thinking of how exactly he should answer.

“I am Wolfgang of Vorrakess, a Kingdom quite far from the lands you must call home. Inferni, was it?” He paused, breathing in sharply and gasping near the end of his words. “I am bleeding because the Vorrakess Kingdom is at war with those by the name of Zheynche –” Gasp. “I offered myself as bait and ended up here. I apologize for my state.” Pause. “I do not believe so. Hours ago, they had lost my trail and I have not seen, smelt nor heard of them since.” He shifted every-so-slightly in a small attempt at standing but kept his seat after thinking more about it. If he moved, it could be seen as a threat and his eyes would begin to blur even more so. It was smarter to stay as he was.

<style type="text/css">
.wolfgang-01 p {text-align: left; margin: 10px; text-indent: 10px;}
.wolfgang-01 .ooc {text-align: left; margin: 10px; text-indent: 5px; font-size: 11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread