On kinder tides [Joining]
[html]

Word Count → 580

Once again Neela's nose failed her, and she didn’t notice the approach of the Ichika wolf. Grynn was also preoccupied, specifically with making an odd sound that was her equivalent of a chuckle as she watched Neela try and pull the boat far enough in to be safe, so they were both taken off guard when the male called over to them, his less unfriendly voice shocking the two out of their distraction.

Despite being caught off guard in a similar manner the two reacted very differently. Neela noticed the tone before she heard the words that were being spoken to her. Months of nightmares and little sleep had left the collie jumpy, so with a yelp of surprise and more than a little bit of fear she jumped away from the rope, swiftly spinning around so that the Meria was positioned in-between her and the strange male.

Grynn's reaction was practically the opposite of Neela's. Upon hearing Pripyat's voice the falcon quickly hopped around on her perch to face him, letting out an angry screech at his tone and started shifting her wings in what, to her, was a menacing manner, ready to attack what she saw as a threat to Neela.

Meanwhile Neela had processed the males words, as she did so she cast a worried eye up to Grynn; while the aggressive little bird wouldn’t be able to hurt a Secui in these conditions, she would certainly make a go of it. Wanting to avoid a confrontation if possible Neela made a sharp click with her tongue, a signal developed between the two back before Grynn could understand high speech. As she heard the sound Grynn grudgingly calmed down, fluttering from her perch to land on Neela's shoulder, her talons digging into her thick fur.

Despite the peregrine's ineffectiveness in a potential fight, Neela felt better with the familiar weight resting on her shoulder and moved out from behind the boat slightly, though the majority of her body was still hidden. As she did so Neela adjusted her body language, lowering her already floppy ears as much as she could and dipping her head, fixing her eyes on the strangers chest. Usually if submission was required she would shift to a quadrupedal form, but she felt nowhere near confident enough to go into one of her less familiar forms in this situation.

When Neela spoke she was surprised to find that her voice was harsh and croaky, her usually soft tones temporarily driven away by underuse, "S-sorry, I didn't n-notice I was near someone's h-home." Neela pawed embarrassedly at the oily fur around her nose, feeling embarrassed about her appearance, and her smell for that matter, for the first time in months.

Neela paused at the venom in the strangers voice when he talked about her boat, under normal conditions she would have bristled at his tone when talking about her boat, but for now she just tried to ignore it. Grynn shifted on Neela's shoulder, clicking comfortingly at the nervous woman. With more confidence Neela continued, "I came from down south, just north of Mexico," Neela hesitated here, before continuing, "I don't know where I'm going. Away. Mainly north I guess." The collie hadn’t had a particular destination in mind, she had just been travelling in a vain attempt to escape her past.

Nervously watching the males legs for any signs of movement or aggression Neela waited for him to reply.

<style type="text/css">
.neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;}
.neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread