free firebird
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 608 Words.

Reflected within the woman’s amber gaze was a kind of contentment for the newly transformed. Carefully she folded down to her haunches with ears attentively tuned to the past wanderer’s relatable experience. A sense of belonging was a blessing few partook in. With some effort it could have been achieved, but she had known a handful that had aspired for the most part of their lives to find a place where they felt secure and belonged… and never saw the fruits of their labor. X’yrin believed herself, and now Vesper, as the fortunate souls that found this bliss and smiled for Fate’s blessing to the female. “I am truly glad.”

Unable to suit himself to his companion’s shift in posture, the nameless bird took flight, purposefully smacking the side of her head as his wings unfurled. Growling, the woman took a harmless snap at his plume, missing by several inches and instead caught a malted feather as it was dislodged. She spat it out, tongue flailing in disgust. “Oh don’t mind that devil fowl,” she growls softly, feigning anger toward her elusive guide. “He has no name as of yet, since he refuses to tell me. But I am almost certain his purpose is to annoy me to death.” And as the words were uttered, a body of crème plumage plummeted into the woman’s face and a mad torrent of dark, speckled wings proceeded to bat her defensively face senseless. Surprisingly, the X’yrin made no move to dismiss him, rather sat awkwardly back as her form underwent its sound change. Bone and muscle realigned, favoring the bipedal form she had become used to. She remained seated though now her lengthy limbs were curled beneath her heavy frame with an arm extended for support behind her. The owl batted on til at last an umber paw snatched the bird by its down. Her hold was delicate but firm to keep him from swinging anymore at her. Defiantly, he squawked, at last wriggling out of her hold and propped himself upon her shoulder, turning his head in a show of dismissal.

“But when he is not being a nuisance,” she woman continued without further disruption. “He is my eye of the sky and scouts ahead for me.” She lifted a claw to the owl’s beak allowing him to ease his frustration through tentative nibbles. “I was told that it is not uncommon to be blessed my animals like this, that they act as guides and teach us things. I haven’t learned yet what my companion here will teach me,” she looked to the bird fondly. “But I hope he will soon.”

Soon enough, Vesper’s confession had changed her tune. Her calm smile splitting into an amused grin as she imagined the sight of the woman taking to her first change. “It is nothing to be embarrassed about,” she assured her, tail gently patting the ground. “Truthfully, I was terrified. As a pup, I was not told what would happen when I came of age or how painful it would be at first. It was quite a surprise when I could not resist the urge to change. In my earlier seasons I had just assumed that some magic was cast upon the two-legged walkers by the High Shepard and had hoped to receive the same gift. When I did change, however, I came to realize this was not the case and felt horrible for going on about trying to receive the Shepard’s gift.” She extended her hand to the Secui female. “I suppose in this instance you really have received this. Now it is for you to embrace in all forms.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread