hidden and found
[html]

End soon?

Word Count → 328

Alma was surprised the handle, not the point, was turned toward her. "Thank you." Inferni's pups had better manners than herself when she was a child. She wasn't entirely sure how she felt about that. Ashamed, maybe, but she could not change the actions of her past.

Alma looked the spear over carefully for any signs of damage. There didn't appear to be any. That done, she glanced at the horizon. Maybe it was time to leave. The girl had said very little, and Alma herself couldn't think of anything else to say. She knelt down and picked up her bow.

It occurred to her then, that just as the girl hadn't known what a spear was, she might not know what a bow is. "This here is a bow, if you are curious. With arrows, you can use it to shoot things from afar. Ar-" she yawned, "Arrows are thin pieces of wood lined with a pointy tip like the spear, and the end is tipped with feathers. I'm afraid I don't have any to show you now, as I used them all while hunting." She set aside the spear and took some time to string the bow. Then, she stood up and demonstrated how she held a bow, though it was somewhat marred by the lack of an arrow. "This is how you hold it, when taking aim."

After a moment, she lowered a bow and shifted into a neutral stance. Her vision was getting blurry, and she was tired from hunting for two days straight. She wanted to sleep - and she knew that it would be time to start on finding some wood to make bows soon, for the trade with Ezekiel. It was best to start early and not put it off. She unstrung her bow, then picked up her spear. It was time to go, but she would wait just a moment to see if the girl had any questions before she left.

<style type="text/css">
.almaraze b {font-weight:bold; color:#557359; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;}
.almaraze p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.almaraze {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#a7bcab; background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/2njd1lt.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 333px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2c392f; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.almaraze .wordcount {color:#557359; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #2c392f; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.almaraze .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread