In a world of pure imagination
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... m_bot1.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 20px;">

She smiled and nodded gently in what she hoped he'd see as a grateful way before following him. Just like she had done back in the Dampwoods while following him, she mirrored his movements and paused alongside him to stare in the direction he was looking in. There seemed to be a small garden for what seemed to be herbs-- she had only seen similar plants once, when one of her childhood pack members had found a type of medical plant as treatment for her brother's injuries. But if this was indeed Pilot's, it looked very well organized and very neat. With curiosity and awe in her voice, she slowly asked, "These are medical plants, right? Are they yours? Does Shadowed Sun grow such plants just in case?" She knew her tone of voice hinted, if not outright betrayed, that her former pack had been less organized. In a sense it shamed her that it was exactly her parents who were the Alphas of the pack.

Urma lowered her head as she walked inside the den, and she immediately spotted a small pup fast asleep. It was then that it hit her and she looked around the den quickly, almost frightfully. She backed away a bit, feeling her sense on edge and her mind racing for an answer. Whispering, so she would not wake the cub, she said, her voice shaky, "I'm sorry but I don't really think it would be appropriate for me to share your den for the night, as much as I appreciate your kindness." She really meant that, and she hoped Pilot would be able to see this for himself. In even a quieter tone of voice, if possible, Urma continued, "I am sorry... I would not like your mate to find me here. You have been so nice to me I wouldn't dream of getting you into trouble. And your son... I believe he would not take to finding a stranger asleep in his home when he wakes in the morning." Her discomfort was evident, and she could barely make herself stay put. Without even noticing, her eyes wandered to the furs on which Pilot had sat down, thoughts of a home far away and of the warmth of another body flooded her, spilling their memories and their secrets, retelling her for what must have been the millionth time the stories she had no means of forgetting. Lost in her train of thoughts, she barely got a grip on herself. By the time she had shoved the memories back into a quiet corner of her mind, she found that she was wondering what Pilot's fur would feel like. Still gazing at him, she almost lost herself to the following questions, before decisively pulling herself together, letting only this moment keep her alert.

And yet, where was Pilot's mate?
[/html]

Messages In This Thread