Collecting Payment
Alexandrea had gone back to her room quickly, having forgotten her paintbrushes, and was there now digging through her few belongings and searching for her brushes. She was so focused on her task she didn’t even hear the sound of the wooden door to her home as it opened and closed. The young Luperci continued with her task until her fingers brushed across a familiar surface and her ears pricked up in delight as she grabbed a hold of her favorite brush. She stood up and with her brush and jars of paints and herbs in her arms, she turned around and left her room, nosing the close hanging over the entrance aside with her long muzzle.
She froze in her tracks when her blue gaze fell on the form of a stranger, and her eyes widened in surprise as the fur over her shoulder prickled, though the pale grey sweeter prevented her pelt the bristle up. Then she realized that this stranger was peering into her adopted grandmother’s room, and her ears instantly flattened as a fierce sense of protectiveness surged through her. She walked over to this stranger, just as she turned around.
Alexandrea faced this golden furred creature, looking up at her with a wary stare, while she struggled to find the appropriate words. Now facing the stranger eye-to-eye she found that the courage she felt had vanished and was replaced with unease. What now? She shifted from one hind paw to the next, as her ears swerved to the side of her head in uncertainty rather than hostility. She opened and closed her muzzle as if she couldn’t remember how to talk and was trying to recall.
“Excuse me…” She started with a quiet voice, averting her gaze to the ground. “I’d rather if you didn’t disturb Sacnite… She’s resting.” Then she stepped to the side and dipped her head. “If you’d like…” She trailed off for a moment as she gestured to the front room. “I could… give you my services.” She glanced around, suddenly feeling nervous. This stranger was clearly a foreigner, with her thinner pelt and glorious fur. She’d never interacted with foreigners before and she was worried about what might happen.

[ooc: 369 Word count.]

Messages In This Thread