Roaming
[html]

Word Count → 329

For what seemed like the first time since she had arrived in this region, Neela has actually picked up on the presence of an approaching stranger before they had startled her, an opportune gust of wind alerting her to the strangers presence.

Still, with how close she was to the pack boundary the wasn't overly worried about running into unfriendly wolves just yet. As such the only measure she took as the stranger approached was to haul herself mostly out of the water, leaving only her feet dangling in, so that she could move faster if need be.

The approaching male was a dusty coloured coyote, and looked fairly friendly, though it was when he opened his mouth and called over to her that Neela started to smile. The strangers accent, and the addition of a Spanish word, reminded her of the way many of the canines from her home town spoke, which alleviated a small bit of homesickness that Neela hadn't noticed that she had been suffering from.

Turning her head to face the stranger, though she kept her body straight to support her guitar properly, Neela smiled widely before answering his question. "It's some festival music my old home used to play. Doesn’t have a name I think, or if it does I never learnt it."

Reaching a lull in the music Neela rested her guitar on her knees tilting her body more so that she could face the stranger, who had introduced himself as Jacinto, better. I'm Neela, nice to meet somebody else who plays. If you don’t mind me asking, whereabouts are you from Jacinto? Haven’t heard anybody speak quite like that since I left my home town." Neela's voice was kept carefully friendly there, making it clear that she wasn;t aiming to insult Jacinto. Spanish was a fairly widespread language, so it was unlikely that Jacinto had originated near Neela's home, but she was still interested in where the dusty coyote hailed from.

<style type="text/css">
.neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;}
.neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread