diminuendo
[html]

Maybe a couple more posts... We could try and finish by the end of November. ▬▬ 607 words

Liam smiled, catching the pillowcase she sent his way. “Thanks.” he said as he dumped his nuts inside. He silently worked on finding more green shells. Only once did he find one that was cracked and empty. Probably a squirrel that had dared come close and had been chased off. Or turned into stew. Probably the latter. By the time Caspa spoke again he had gathered a good dozen chestnuts and was quite confident he was doing a good job. “It would be a nice thing to do, I wonder if we could actually do it. We'd have to ask my dad or Strel or something.” he mused, adding Strelein's name into the mix because his father had recently taken up residence in AniWaya to help fix things due to the war. He wasn't around Cour des Miracles as often and when he was Liam only saw him briefly. Vigilante was a very busy man as of late. Good thing his pack was great and he had a son that was so keen on working and attempting to make up for the missing Haskel. Liam smiled a little proudly. If only he could make up for the way his family missed the leader. Ayita her mate – the pups their father. Liam also missed his dad terribly and was looking forward to the man coming home for good.

Liam stayed put as Caspa dumped her handfuls into the bag and he glanced down into it. The bag was beginning to fill up with all of the nuts and Liam felt very accomplished. This morning he would have flinched at the thought of picking poppy seeds and chestnuts but the task was oddly relaxing. He had to admit, it wasn't bad at all. He could do this again and again in the future without hesitation. He dumped yet another chestnut into the bag before moving to a different part of the tree. “A lot of people probably like the traveling lifestyle. Not living in one place for too long – that kind of stuff.” he stated. His thoughts turned back to the conversation he'd had with a lovely sable woman from Crimson Dreams. She had mentioned how her family was adventurous and they loved to travel around. Liam himself had replied by saying his own family was a little like that too, although that was before they'd found a permanent home in the Court. “But if it could gain us a loyal member or two... I see nothing wrong with that idea. Strengthen our bonds with the outside world.” he said. He thought about how that could help prevent another war. Maybe they could also invite Crimson Dreams! Liam would use any excuse to see Soran again.

But then there was the idea that if they did this – some loners would take advantage and maybe it would do more harm than good. It was still an idea however, something to talk about with Caspa as they picked chestnuts. “You came to the pack around the time I was born – right?” Liam asked suddenly. Some fluffy memories of the past were coming around to the surface of his mind. Like that time they had met at Chien Hotel. He remembered her towering over him back then. But now he was the one that towered over her. He was actually somewhat larger than the average wolf and she was shorter. They were actually standing side by side now in their Optime forms and he was seeing the difference in height a whole lot better. “What was your old pack like?” he asked.

Table by Kit, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.liamsunrise-template .ooc {font-style:italic; letter-spacing:-1px; }
.liamsunrise-template .credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; color: #f9f9f9; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; text-shadow: 2px 2px 3px #fff;}
.liamsunrise-template p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:20px;}
.liamsunrise-template b {color:#e66f1a; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow: 2px 2px 3px #fff; }
.liamsunrise-template {border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px; background-color:#d7dcfc; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/2rh1na0.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #f9f9f9; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0e1c25; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; }
.liamsunrise-template .inner {margin:10px 10px 230px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/2uomosk.jpg); background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; border:2px solid #f9f9f9; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread