Preparation
[html]

This is my first hunt. Let me know if I did anything wrong so I can change it.

Word Count → 353

Excitement swelled within Kiara's snowy breast as she waited patiently in the brush. The Ikusei kept a careful eye on X'yrin as the nomad crept forward for a better look. Kiara's ears laid flat against her head and she remained as still and low to the ground as possible. Until there was a decent layer of snow on the ground, the arctic wolf's brilliant white coat made her easy to spot during hunts. Once the snow fell, Kiara would be able to blend in perfectly with her surroundings and no prey would see her coming.

X'yrin's short calls startled the herd and signaled the beginning of the hunt. Once Kiara had her order's she shot through the forest like a white arrow and quickly cut off the herd's escape route. Using her powerful muscles, the arctic wolf loped through the woods, testing and running groups of elk to look for any signs of weakness. Kiara followed her intended path perfectly and before long she had managed to catch a glimpse of a weakened doe. As the elk ran, a prominent limp could be seen in her strides. The elk was injured and this would be her downfall. Kiara gave a small howl, signaling to X'yrin that she had targeted one of the elk.

Before the snow wolf had spotted the weakened elk, she had run at a slower, more relaxed pace. Now that their target was chosen, Kiara's entire demeanor changed and her pace shifted to a faster, more determined run. Using all of the skills she had obtained in her former pack, Kiara quickly separated the weakened doe from the rest of the herd. If the she wolf got too close, the doe would strike at Kiara forcing her to swerve a little. Kiara ran the doe around, never allowing it to travel too far from X'yrin's position. Soon both wolf and prey tired and Kiara once again forced the injured elk to change directions. The arctic wolf now focused on herding the elk towards X'yrin. It would be up to X"yrin to grab hold of the elk and bring her down.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread