You don't need to hide, my friend.
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

I have yet to see Game of Thrones! But I've been wanting to ^^ I've heard it's really good.

To say that she did not trust the lesser beasts would be an understatement. The canine did not believe that she could place her life in the hands of another animal, a horse or moose or any creature that she did not trust explicitly. Naniko was able to speak the language of the lower beasts, but did so very rarely and only when absolutely necessary. If she wanted, she could communicate with any mount that she would get...perhaps that would lessen her stress on the subject. She simply could not imagine trusting anyone but herself to keep her safe. A horse could buck its rider off if it chose, or run away in the face of danger, exposing its rider's back to possible arrows or weapon strikes. These were things that she considered in her decision of a mount. Mooses...she didn't know what they would do in the face of danger. They were much larger than horses, and slightly more aggressive from what she had viewed in the past. Maybe they would make better war-animals.

Not that she was interested in warring with anybody. She was simply the type to think ahead and be prepared for things that could come in the future. Naniko tried to avoid conflict if she could, a bit of a coward as far as fighting went. She had size on her side but not much actual skill; this was why she used poison-tipped daggers. If she could land one good hit, then the opponent wouldn't be able to fight for much longer. Theodore had trained her a bit before he had left, but she hadn't found anyone else to advise her in that area beyond his lessons. Her size was another reason why she felt an equine might not be the best choice for her; it was unlikely that she could find one that could support her weight comfortably, unless it was a very large breed.

Her nose caught the scent of the strange just as he came into view atop his own horse. He immediately dismounted and looked toward her, and she felt a slight chill when his eyes passed over her. Naniko did not come nearer to the outsider, unsure of what her stature ought to be on this unclaimed territory. She instead waited for him to come closer to her and approach her. When he did, she raised her hand in a simple greeting. He didn't seem to be hostile, speaking to her in a light and cheerful tone. Was he from around here? She wasn't certain if her own native Canadian accent different from his way of speaking until he said a few more words. "Naniko D'Angelo" She said after he introduced himself. "And who's this beautiful creature?" She asked, pointing back to his steed.

It would appear that he was lost - very lost, if he was looking for AniWaya. Alaki had only recently returned from his trek out to visit the other packs in the area, AniWaya included, and it was a smell that she recognized well. Dawali had visited her before, along with a few other AniWayans over the year they had been occupying the mountain. The scent was recognizable on his pelt, but at the same time she could smell a few other things mixed into it. He extended his hand to her and it took her a moment to realize what she ought to do; it wasn't often that one asked to shake her hand any more. She got a few bows, a few submissive postures...or nothing at all, usually. The female did not need a show of respect from each pack member; she was fairly easygoing, in some aspects. "You're pretty far off...AniWaya is a few days' travel to the South. I've met Dawali before..he seemed very respectable" She said, offering a hesitant smile.

Frodo had said that he was at her service, and she wondered for a moment about what that entailed, exactly. "But you're at my service, hmm? A lost fellow like yourself might need a bit of help from others, not the other way around, in my opinion. I've got some food hidden nearby" Naniko offered. She often hid food in areas around the border, as some days she spent hours and hours out trekking the area. It was nice to have something frozen to dig up and chow down on when one didn't have the time or desire to go out and hunt. "My packs' borders aren't far from here...I bury food for the days when I spend a lot of time scouting the borders" She explained.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread