only yesterday..
She chuckled at the words the youth said and the questions he asked. She could see how fast he could grow confused with so many different thoughts rolling in his little head. She closed her eyes slightly and thought about it before replying. "Well, I was here before your dad, so I'm older. I'm older, a lot older. About three years older, maybe more." she laughed at him asking if he should try not to be older. "Well, most pups can't wait to get older because we adults get to do so much more than you little guys. And if you don't get older how do you expect to grow and get bigger! It's just all connected, you gave to get older to get bigger and wiser. You want to be smart don't you?" She assumed that he wanted to make his family and pack proud, so of course he'd want to learn new things and grow older. She nosed him with her muzzle and smiled. "OF course.. if you get too old you'll be old as dirt, just like me." Her eyes twinkled as she joked with the boy. Very seriously she added. "Dirt is old, very very old. Trust me, it's old like me."

When he spoke of eating grass she wrinkled her nose and shook her head, making a strange face at the youth. "Grass can taste bad, but some can be good too! One day you'll discover all sorts of strange new things about yourself and want to try to be daring and exiciting. You'll like some change and some you'll hate, but change happens. It's one of those things that good or bad always comes along." She looked off into the distance, thinking off all the change they'd come upon lately, wondering what this boy was going to find in his life of change.

Messages In This Thread