The empty House
((Pshht. Wait til December. *evil grin*))

He was impressed. Despite himself, he was growing a grudging admiration for his father's mate. He watched her lean back, asking her questions. He grinned crookedly; no sarcasm was in his genuine smile or laugh. "Come December, I'll be joining her. I don't much fit in here anyways, and I know it. I don't want to leave-" He cut himself off before talking again about the butterflies test for him. "I don't want to go there until I can just ask her to be my mate. And her tribe's laws say we both have to be a year old. I screwed up here, but I wanna do right there." He shrugged, a little self-consciously.

"I don't belong with you artistic types. I'm no painter, no poet like my father. I can't sing for anything. But Aniwaya has a warrior rank that would be perfect for me." He shrugged again, changing the subject back to the subject of pups.

"So... no little siblings for me, huh? Pity... I can't remember being anything but the only child, really. I mean, I know about Brighid and Liadain. But they died. So technically, I'm still an only child." Was that an almost wistful note in his voice? Perhaps he'd listened to more of his father's stories than he'd let on. Perhaps he envied his father the joy of having his brothers, and his cousins who were raised alongside of him. It would have been nice to have a sibling or two to confide in, to get into mischief with.

Messages In This Thread