rocky road
[html]
every memory that I hold

were all just scars in the making

Word Count → 282 Oh, it's up to you. We can let the conversation wind down naturally or whatever you'd like to do. :3

Kiara brought up the hermit incident again, and Vesper chuckled, not minding the teasing—not quite aware of how ridiculous the choice seemed to the arctic wolf. She let out a soft sigh and tilted her head, softening her eyes up and pushing out her bottom lip. “If I was on that island, I’d never get to see you,” she whimpered, though her façade cracked at the last few words and she was laughing again. “Unless you wanted to swim every time you visited me. I mean, there’s only a mountain between us right now.” She grinned quickly.

The girl asked her if she was sure about the kill, and the hybrid shrugged casually. “Yeah, I don’t really need it. Not as much as you do, anyway.” Her words were light without any suggestion of a deeper motive behind them, but as a loner used to guarding her precious kills from the older wolves who’d frequently push the teen around for a meal—well, it was a grand gesture of friendship to give up the bird. She only gave food to those she felt deserved it or those she was obligated to help feed. Kiara was a friend, and a friend cheated out of a catch, even if she did decline that it had been stolen. Vesper was still somewhat guilty for taking advantage of her optime form to get it, anyway.

She nodded encouragement. “Lot of meat on it, for a bird,” she said. “You can let Sarian play with the wing or something—cover herself in feathers.” Her smirk grew gently teasing. “Cute pup,” she added, and with a chuckle she reached out to brush more down from Kiara’s shoulder.

Vesper Optime by Nat; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vesoptime-box {float:right;}
.vesoptime {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vesoptime .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Gloria Hallelujah'; text-align:right; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.vesoptime p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vesoptime p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vesoptime .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vesoptime p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vesoptime b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread