running with scissors
[html]
But it had never really mattered who tore what family apart. If things really followed fate, then they were all doomed to be estranged from one another, torn apart by things that they had no control over. Like the way that incurable cancer tore through the bodies of the undiagnosed for years, it never really began to rampage until someone noticed. It never really began to spread until it was provoked, and then it was on the run. Ravage whatever supply was available, and spread. Animosity itself was a cancer. “I don't like her. I don't trust her because of who she is. I don't think she'll be coming back any time soon because wandering is in her nature as much as yours and mine.” Love never mattered. Family never mattered. Their ancestors had shed their familial ties to claim territory for themselves. They had slaughtered one of another when the other broke the chain of command. They had come a long way, evolved intelligently, but it was hard to out breed what had been genetically encoded into them from the start. “You can regret the choices you make, or lack thereof, but when it all boils down to it, a lot of times you never look back unless you have nothing better to do.” Very much more than likely the only reason why they were both back there again. There simply was no other outlet, or niche for them to fill.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread