you'll just do it all again
[html]
THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOVED
______THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOST

THE THINGS I'VE HELD SACRED
______________THAT I'VE DROPPED

_____ The dreams had started again. Ahren couldn’t remember when they had begun, but each night he woke from another ghost, another could-have-been. It was becoming such he could no longer trust himself. The last time, he had been hurled from the first attack—the one that could have cost his life. Except in that dream, he was unarmed, and no one was there to stop them. He felt the teeth sink into his throat and he woke with a strangled scream, woke and coughed until he was coughing up blood and then he fell to the ground and cursed heaven for what it never was.
_____ He hadn’t slept in three days. Each night he was left alone, desperate for any contact. He would speak to himself, wandering in the shadows of the forest and the ruins of the city. He did not look worse for the wear—the mechanical things that he did kept him alive, kept him looking better then he felt. Even the scars, the damnable scars, were slowly fading. They would never be gone completely, oh no—but some were looking better then others. That meant something, but Ahren did not quite grasp it.
_____ Something had changed again. Ahren was aware of this. He had walked to the ocean somewhere in the fog of waking life and now stood there, a fading phantom, and realized he hated himself.

I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget

[/html]

Messages In This Thread