you'll just do it all again
[html]
THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOVED
______THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOST

THE THINGS I'VE HELD SACRED
______________THAT I'VE DROPPED

_____ There would forever be a ghost on the horizon, a shadowy memory of what had been and what could never be again. They had long since evolved past that point, even though they were flawed mutations of their former selves. Ahren knew with dire certainty that he was not all right. He had never been all right. For all his preaching, for all his methods, in the end it all came back to the heroine and the girl that had left him one terrible night. She had taken a part of him with her, and he hated her for that. In the end, he had only ever had himself, he had only ever had the needle, he had only ever had the things that helped his escape.
_____ Something warm touched his face and Ahren started, looked up and stared at his companion. He did not move to touch the eye, knowing it for what it was, and instead felt rather then saw his vision blur. Something wet fell from his eyes and he hurriedly whipped it away with his right hand, feeling as if that action alone might save him. “I don’t want to be able feel anything anymore,” he nearly whispered, the truth of the matter bared on his arms, his eye, his soul.

I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget

[/html]

Messages In This Thread