Leave all your longing behind.
[html]

Let me know if I got this right, yeah? I read it that the territory was marked, so it smelled claimed... Hope it's ok, I can change it Smile

Word Count → 612

Several days of hard travel would typically wear a wolf down, make him question his motives for leaving the sanctity of a pack. For those unaccustomed to a hard, lonesome life, living without the constant solace of packmates was undesirable at best, impossible at worst. Especially in the winter, when the nights were cold and drafty - a lack of warm bodies to snuggle with was especially unappealing. Food was plentiful, as prey was slow and fat with the laziness of winter, but catching enough to sustain a wolf by oneself was no easy task. Plus, wolves were social creatures. They liked living with others of their own kind.

Shandom Nightslayer, however, was not one of those wolves.

Certainly, he was a little chilly. It also might have been nice to have someone with him on this long journey north through the crunching snow, if only for the pleasure of conversation. But it felt good to leave the strangeness of the Court behind. Shandom was immensely relieved that he would not have to continue to put up a false image of himself; that was, after all, what he'd been doing, day in and day out, in the Court of Miracles. Now, he felt no urge to shift into the form that was so unnatural to him. He didn't even want to adopt the larger Secui form that existed halfway between normal and surreal. No, he was fine with these four paws. He was raised as such, and he would absolutely stay that way.

It was colder the further north he went, but Shandom had no problem with that. His thick white fur was built for harsh winters, and he felt at home in them. The half blind male had no problems on his journey, and though he'd considered stopping at the borders of other packs to get a feel for what it was like this far North, he decided against it. Part of him wondered if he were leaving this land entirely, but he'd decided to follow his instincts and let the wolf within dictate where he went. Shandom noticed the further north he went, the more wild it became; why had he decided to venture so far south? He found himself grinning like an idiot more and more as he grew comfortable on his own. The life of a loner was certainly more appealing.

Several days into his journey, the male came across a new scent, something unfamiliar and reeked of being claimed. The white male followed it vaguely, curious as to who or what lived here - was it a pack? He wasn't sure, and didn't feel like angering anyone by exploring further. But as he wandered, Shandom caught the scent of a wolf - definitely female - and chose to follow it, wandering along a craggly rock and snow ridge. It was loose, and the male wasn't surprised when it gave way beneath him. But, accustomed as he was to such oddities, Shandom leaped nimbly away, unconcerned by the falling snow. It was only then that he noticed the source of the scent, a young white and red female. By the looks of her, she was very young, but he did not feel like being rude and trespassing upon what appeared to be her land without at least letting her know he was there. Hello, miss! Shandom barked, his ears flattened against his head and body crouched. If the land smelled like her, it was hers. He wasn't going to treat her differently just because she looked young. Still, though his stance was submissive, Shandom kept an easy and relaxed smile on his face. I hope I'm not intruding!

<style type="text/css">
.shandomtree b {font-weight:bold; color:#8ca822; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#141400 -1px 1px 1px;}
.shandomtree p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.shandomtree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#dadacd; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PI9eI.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 395px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#141400; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.shandomtree .wordcount {color:#8ca822; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #141400; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#141400 -1px 1px 1px;}
.shandomtree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.shandomtree p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.shandomtree p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread