home for the holidays.
[html]
sadface / +3

Footsteps. Duke heard them before the exhausted girl on his back did, and he sped up once again, trying to get her closer to Wayne. When she finally did hear what was coming towards them, her entire body jerked upright and her eyes opened wider, looking all around to try and locate her friend. There he was, running towards them on…two feet. What wasn’t he shifted? Where was Fern? A small frown pulled at her face as those thoughts flitted through her head, but was quickly erased by a sad smile. She had missed him so much, and just seeing him began to fill that void in her chest.

Sliding off of Duke’s back, she rubbed his side a little before taking a few steps closer to Wayne. He was visibly upset about something, and the moment she heard his voice it was clear. She should have never left like that. Vanishing without telling him first was a huge mistake…how could she have done that to him!? For as long as she could remember he’d been the protector, the one to make sure she was okay. He was always worrying about this or that, her safety and well being…and she’d gone and threw it in his face.

Yes…I’m back. Her head dropped a little in shame, ears pinned back and arms coming up to cross over her chest. Looking at him in the eyes was too hard at the moment. The disappointment and frustration shining through his expression showed just how displeased with her he really was. Squeezing her arms tightly, she shrugged a little bit and swayed from side to side. I’m sorry. Shoula told ya before takin’ off like that…but you woulda insisted on comin’ with me and you were hurt! I couldn’t let you do that, Wayne…

Another shrug, this time accompanied by her curly white tail curling downwards between her thighs. It was painfully obvious that she was sad and scared of his anger. There was no fear of being physically hurt, though some kind of physical punishment wouldn’t be a surprise. She just hated to see him hurt, and knowing that she was the one to cause that discomfort for him cut deep.

<style type="text/css">
.dixsad2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#67c0aa; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #08201a; }
.dixsad2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.dixsad2 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#2e3e31; background-image:url(http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7544/dixiesad.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 248px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#74ae6c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.dixsad2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.dixsad2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread