Look to higher ground
[html]
Frodo Silvertongue

poor alder...frodo's a dorkface

It was a shame that his string of muddled words and sentences didn't seem to have much of an affect on the stranger other than make Alder quite confused. Frodo pouted slightly and then ran a hand through his curly ginger hair, grinning all the while despite being upset he wasn't seeming to communicate with Alder. His thoughts were confirmed when the young man told him he didn't understand. S'just the way it is. Frodo commented thoughtfully, rubbing his chin like a wise man. He looked up, gazing intently at Alder, wanting more than anything to get through to him. Let us start again, my old china... he said as slowly and as clearly as he could, but the words from his lips were as heavily accented as they usually were. I'm Frodo, skip- he was about to add a jolly little name or catchphrase as per usual but then held it back in a gulp, correcting himself. It made his eyes water with the effort. Silly old Frodo. I mean, I'm Frodo. he said carefully, pursing his maw in a deluded manner.

His gaze shifted between the huge shire horse and Alder in awe, wondering what it would be like to ride such a huge beast of a horse. His Strider was apparently tall at 16 hh, but obviously not when in the presence of Hawthorn. The white stallion hung back nervously, as usual scared of strangers, his snorting wild and audible. This was just why Frodo needed another horse...he loved Strider, and Strider was best when they needed to get somewhere as fast as possible, or somewhere dangerous, however he was no good in social conflicts. The mare Rohan was better suited to such meetings. What's your name, if I may ask, my jolly green gian-? he caught himself again, scowling. This time it was himself who he talked to, quite angry indeed. Jjjjayzus, I can't do this! Shoot, I really cant! but then he looked up triumphantly, shaking his head. No such word as cant. he muttered to himself heftily. No such word as babagoozle, either! he exclaimed wildly, throwing a pleased-with-himself look at Alder. Surely, if Alder was confused before, he would be perplexed at this stage.

<style>
.freetable-f06 p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-f06 b {color:#E5CDB6;}
.freetable-f06-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#27180A; text-shadow:#F8E1CA 0px 0px 5px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:350px;}
.freetable-f06-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-f06 {background-color:#8F7154; border:1px solid #E5CDB6; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#352516; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #E5CDB6; width:85%; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread