home for the holidays.
[html]
but our hearts will need us to be steady and strong

so we can stand and face the fire

burning higher and higher

Word Count → 381

Her argument caused him to frown, and Wayne quickly tightened his hold on her when he could feel her tense, not wanting to see her cry again. He knew that he’d been hurt by her departure, but such things should be trivial, shouldn’t weigh on him like they did, and he knew that it wasn’t her fault. She had already given her reason for keeping quiet, and it’d been to protect him, anyway. She hadn’t intended to hurt him like he had acted when she returned.

“I’m the one who hurt you, Dixie,” the Labrador mutt murmured guiltily, rubbing her back again. “It’s okay. I’ll never stop—” His voice faltered, omitting the word that had first sprung to mind before he corrected himself. “I could never stay mad at you. I’m just sorry that I hurt you…” Because he had; that point couldn’t be argued against. He’d caused her to cry and run off, and he didn’t blame her in the least for her actions.

The small woman stretched, and he wasn’t unaware of the press of her breasts against him or the sensation of her fists in his thick fur. His breath hitched as she pulled him closer, and his ears pricked at the quiet sound of her continued whimpering. With an awkward glance over at the stallion, he broke into a soft smile and let his hand wander back along her cheek, fingers tangling gently into her hair. The arm keeping him propped up was getting weak, but he didn’t want to shift both of them from their positions.

“I…care about you a lot, Dixie,” Wayne admitted, though it was something that had been obvious to the entire world since he first laid eyes on the girl in Texas what seemed like years ago And yet still he couldn’t bring himself to say any more than that in spite of the feelings burning inside of him. As tough a man as he acted, he was still a little scared—though perhaps he was blind in that regard, too.

A frown darkened his handsome visage as he swore, “I won’t act like that ever again, ya hear me? I’m too worried about losing you… I can’t ever lose you.”

And with that firm conviction, Wayne bent to kiss her.

Wayne McCoy

<style type="text/css">
.silhowayne b {font-weight:bold; color:#740d02; letter-spacing:1px;}
.silhowayne t {font-style:italic; color:#740d02; letter-spacing:1px;}
.silhowayne p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.silhowayne p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.silhowayne .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#740d02;}
.silhowayne .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Shadows Into Light'; text-align:right; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; color:#740d02; margin:0px 50px 120px 0px;}
.silhowayne .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Shadows Into Light'; text-align:right; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; color:#740d02; line-height:20px; padding:0px 15px 5px;}
.silhowayne p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.silhowayne .text {font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3a1604; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#de8a16 0px 0px 3px; padding:5px 0px 80px 0px; }
.silhowayne {width:100%; margin:0px auto; max-width:730px; background-color:#de8a16; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PUdGI.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread