Quest for a new toy
[html]

books on the shelves

Word Count → 355

So their adventure began. Both Kiara and Neela were inspecting the room. While Neela was actually searching, the snow wolf spent most of her time wandering around aimlessly. There were many cracks along the wall, and just like the previous rooms the floor boards were coming up in many locations. At one point the floor creaked so badly Kiara was sure it would give way if she put her whole weight on it. Gingerly, she placed one paw onto the boards and slowly pushed down, trying to see how much strength it would take to break the boards. Thankfully, the young wolf never made it that far.

Kiara took her foot off the boards and trotted over to Neela to see if she had found anything interesting while saying, "No, no. Not my puppy. I'm the packs Ikusei, which basically means I look after all of the puppies. The puppy belongs to a friend I am living with." It didn't really look like Neela had found anything interesting. Kiara let her mind and head wander. There was a moth flying around the room that caught the arctic wolf's eye, but other than that nothing else seemed to interest her. Even Neela's statement about her son barely caught Kiara's attention.

What did catch the young wolf's attention was Neela heading over to the shelves on the other side of the room. Whatever the collie had seen, it was certainly worth her interest. Kiara followed Neela, trying to figure out what she was looking at. Was it the shiny box? Or the rectangular objects sitting on the different levels. If Neela's question was anything to go by then it had to be the box. Kiara stood up and used the shelf to keep her upright. Her fluffy tail wagging back and forth. "If only I could shift, then I might be able to reach it. Hmm. I could support the shelf if you wanted to climb it. Or, we could try to bring the shelves down." Kiara hadn't noticed the screws holding the shelf in place. Even if she had, she wouldn't have made anything of them.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread