brioso
3+ [html]

A peaceful pack? A stupid pack, more like. Caspa's birth-pack had acted only in the name of peace, but they'd understood that peace wasn't something that you could infect the world with. The brutality that existed in the wilderness could only be tamed with the language it understood: force, inflicted with good judgement of course. She wasn't certain that every law of her land had been for the best, but when it came to violence, she was certain that it was necessary and even right if used to protect the innocent. Like Wretch herself, but she had nobody except this supposed friend to protect her. She would have to learn. Her name was Wretch, and it fitted that quaking exterior like a glove. She wasn't really a lot smaller than Caspa, but her fearful body language made her seem tiny and pitiful. Caspa was not a large canine, but she stood square and stiffly upright and somehow managed to tower over the poor girl. "I am glad you met me too. I am sworn to protect the weak," she said without a trace of mirth even though anyone might have laughed at the idea of this spindly hound being any kind of protector. Of course, she had teeth and claws like anyone, and she also had some hidden secrets that meant she was not entirely harmless. "If you practice to look and feel stronger you may deter attackers, as well as being quiet and careful to avoid attention. But I am not trained in fighting techniques. I know some tactics for making a quick kill, but I keep my head down so I have little need to defend myself. I can give you a little advice though. Let's look around for weapons meanwhile. We are in the central part of the city and many of these buildings have kitchens in my experience," she added informatively, and flicked her fingers dismissively at the idea of a trade. "I don't expect anything in return but your promise to take better care." She jerked her head for Wretch to follow and moved away from the side-street, back into the main thoroughfare, looking up and down for anything resembling a restaurant or diner. "Here is something to note - move quietly and smoothly, as quick movements are loud and catch the eye of any onlooker." She listened carefully to see if she could detect Wretch following her, and figure out where the other girl needed to improve her stealth.

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview b {font-weight:bold; color:#212527; letter-spacing:1px; }
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

table image credit to Burksy@flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread