Is My Fire Yours to Claim?
[html]
Invdegesv

sorry for the wait Smile

Ulilohi had waited, and gone outside as Ralla's scent slipped inside the Town Hall through its window. The past days had been spent pondering. Ulilohi would not raise the female's rank if she did not deserve it, regardless of her guide's confidence: the criteria were clear, and Master Fire Tender was one of the highest ranks of the tribe. Still, she could easily see Ralla's eagerness, and how important the rank was to her. Clearly, part of her being was invested in this, and Ulilohi did not wish to make herself so unpopular as she doubtlessly would become if she rejected her. What kind of solatium could she offer for such a loss? There was none, nothing she could give. All she could do was to be strict, and true to AniWayan ways and procedures. Ralla did not know them, but Ulilohi was prepared to explain.

Coming outside. the brown femme did not hesitate, nor did she wait for formal greetings. She dipped her head in the formal salute before immediately proceeding. After all, this could take a while, and she did not have that many days to spend on this rather daunting task."Unalihelitseti, Itse. I think we can begin with an interview, and if you pass it, I will explain your test." In a way, she hoped Ralla did not pass the interview. It would would be a proper hassle to lay out the test. "Come." She motioned towards the Great Fire, and began walking towards it. Smiling, she began with a very basic quesions. "Tell me its history, Itse—" she drew her breath sharply, interrupting herself. "Please, in AniWayan." Knowledge of the language was key to any of the spiritually powerful ranks. Ralla would not be able to hold such a rank if she did not know the language well, for the ceremonies if nothing else.

<style type="text/css">
#marit { padding:35px; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... herbg2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: center; }
#marit p { padding-left:0px; text-indent:0px; margin-left:0px; text-align:justify; line-height:1.4em;}
#marit b, #marit i { font-family: cambria, serif; font-size: 1.3em; }
#marit .count { text-align:right; float:right; font-family: cambria, serif; }
#marit .separator { font-family: 'Bookman Old Style', serif; font-size: 2em; display: block; font-style: italic; margin: 20px 0 20px 0; border-top:1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 10px 0 10px 0; text-align: right; }</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread