Two Birds
[html]

She listened as he listed the heritage of the monster that had taken Tameri's life; if insanity ran in the family of the Rhiannons, it would make sense that Liam had picked it up as well. She studied Taliesin; he had never shown such violent and hateful tendencies, not once. She listened as he conceded that it hadn't been easy for her - she narrowed her eyes a bit, and at the last sentence as well.

"I understand. I am not angry with you," she said. She knew the bonds of a parent and child; she knew that if it had been her own child she would not be able to watch them killed before her eyes; not yet. But the murder had left a mark with her; to see innocent life snatched away so soon, to see it distinguished - to see that the last moments of a pup's life would be pain and hate from the eyes of a madman. And the pack, the pack, she could feel it. It was happening again, and if something else, no matter how minor, rocked the boat, the pack would be cut to ribbons.

"But to think that it would happen again, and so soon. I can feel the turmoil in the pack, I can feel the distrust. The last time this happened, no one thought to stick together and become stronger, no one thought to help each other - they all left, all abandoned the pack that gave them a home." She spoke with strong bitterness; the ones that had left soon began to speak of Cercatori as if it were a haunted place, and maybe it was. They began to seek others to share the stories of how terrible Cercatori was. She remembered Mars. She could still smell him on their lands from time to time, presumably visiting Orin. She remembered how Mars had spoken to Shawchert that day and ignored her, ignored her as if her leadership meant nothing to him.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly16 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e6d4bf; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #514332; }
.freebjuly16 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly16 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6ac69; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uly16a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796246; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#59452d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread