This Endless Battle
[html]
...this should be interesting. xD

When Orin appeared, Sky wanted to flee back inside. Her relationship with the other woman had been rocky from the very start. Friends but rivals. Sisters but enemies. Family but strangers.

And then she saw the smile and realized that this would be a time to relax around the other woman. She was nervous to let her near, to let her in, and it would take a long time for her to actually truely relax around her... but at that moment, Orin was her only real friend in the pack.

Skye didn't count. She was a leader. She'd been the one to let Liam go. Sky still held some bitter resentment over the fact, but there was nothing more she could do. Who were they to choose who lived or died?

She forced a weak smile and placed a hand on her stomach subconciously, tail waving in an effort to show friendly welcome. Not sure yet, to be honest. I'm thinking two or three. She shrugged. They'll be born in the early spring, probably. Hopefully. This time they were kicking often, always active and Sky was never left to forget they were there.

...How have you been, Orin? Her eyes were far away, but she was making an effort to stay in the present moment. Too much trouble. Too much drama. Too much bloodshed. You've dyed your hair again. It looks nice. It was true. Sky envied the girl for her white fur. Dying must've been so much easier that way.

For a moment, she wondered what she'd look like with darker hair. Blond had always stood out, stark on dark fur. Maybe she could make it more... brown or black. Black... no, no black. Never black. Black was-- What am I thinking? There's nothing wrong with black fur. I'm starting to sound like that damned monster. The smile faded and she looked away, troubled thoughts showing through.

<style type="text/css">
.bughuntwin2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.bughuntwin2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
.bughuntwin2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#85A2B8;}
.bughuntwin2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.bughuntwin2 {margin:0 auto; width:415px; background-color:#D2DEEB; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RjakE.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2d586d; padding: 80px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2d586d; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
300+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread