the stars are all afire
Terra grabbed the meat that had landed near her and wolfed it down. The invitation to join him for the meal was quickly accepted. Her goal had been the meat, and moving without revealing the hook in her fur would cost her a fair bit. Coming into the meal was much better, easier if little else. His reference to her following the wolf's way was met with raised hackles. Terra was much less wolfish than many of the so called coyotes she'd met. She didn't deal with submission and dominance the way many of them did, and she freely took as she wanted the way coyotes had for generations. Their choice to live 'nobly' and to not stoop to scavenging and stealing was wolven to her. They didn't even have a sense of humor, or have the capability for pulling off a decent trick.

Terra straightened slightly, still wary of the stranger. He talked of being a coyote, but that didn't mean much to her, as his coat told a far different tale in her mind. Of course, the assumption that she followed wolves came from the same source. The pack she belonged to was made up of wolves and dogs, leaving her as an outcast. I am not a wolf, nor do I act like one. I simply chose a pack that would allow me to act as I please. Inferni wouldn't allow that, now would it? The undercurrent of her tone indicated her opinion of the place, marking it as the same as other wolf packs. They were far too high and mighty, with their border of skulls and strict protocol.

Messages In This Thread