Two Birds
He gave a gentle smile to the leader at her heart felt words of gratitude. And then she asked how things were, and the smile drifted away like the last breath of summer. He thought for a moment, then spoke to the leader, his voice somber. "Sky and I are well. She's more beautiful than ever being pregnant and our pups are active inside of her now. Tameri would have loved to feel them moving."

Tameri. The death of the child caused an irreparable hole in their lives, as did Liam's exile. He frowned for a moment, considering his words. "I worry too much, maybe. But I do feel that much of the pack feels I am at fault for Tameri's death. I think, perhaps, that Sky blames me too." He was looking at the ground now, hating himself for his doubts. He was a poet, yes, but to express his words so plainly seemed wrong to the snowy scholar.

He glanced at the leader briefly, then at the ground again. He wanted to talk about Shaw, to expel his frustration with the giant male, to explain their previous issues with each other as well, and to talk about the pure unadulterated hatred that was in the warrior's eyes whenever he looked towards the smaller scholar. Those were minor issues, though, best saved for another day, another conversation.

Messages In This Thread